This recipe will give you the best results for smoked shank.
- Two medium sized lamb shanks, frenched
- Rub – Salt, pepper, rosemary, or Moonshine BBQ Lamb Rub
- Peach wood (or other fruit wood, cherry also woks well)
Smoked Lamb Shanks Method
- Get your coals going in a chimney starter, wait to ash over and then add to the smoker, and leave to get up to 275F
- Dry rub the shanks while waiting for the smoker to come up to temp
- Add a couple of wood chunks to start smoking, and then place shanks on the rack
- Temp check them at 3 hours, and they should be around 165F
- Place in a foil tray filled with vegetable stock, butter, rosemary and garlic until tender.
- Once done, rest and, serve with sides such as roast potatoes and vegetables.
The recipe will also work with as many, or as few shanks as you like. As long as the internal temperature for each shank is around 205F, you’ll be fine. The shanks should fall apart with just a fork.
Moonshine BBQ Lamb Rub – 100g
There’s nothing more Australian that lamb, and our lamb rub is perfect on any cut – leg, shoulder, chops – you name it.
We’ve created the perfect accompaniment to the meal with this sumac based rub is infused with salt, herbs and our signature pepper mix, which when slow cooked in the oven or on the BBQ, will create a beautiful flavoursome crust.
10 in stock